In Uruguay on 15 November 2022, while some are benefiting from the current economic model of the government, the workers’ rights are being violated.
– 541,000 employed people are paid less than $ 25,000 per month for 40 hours of work per week.
– more than a million meals are handed out in soup kitchens and soup kitchens
– there is a loss of wages, pensions and retirement pensions
– there are 66,000 more poor people than in 2019
– there is an exponential increase in homicides
PIT-CNT with other organisations affiliated to the World Federation of Trade Unions are on the streets for their rights.