On Tuesday, November 2nd, in the company UNISOL in Patras a worker was electrocuted and severely burned during works in the factory. Despite the almost fatal accident and the fire hazard that was created the company continued working so as not to stop production! In this situation the Regional Trade Union of Patras, with the local sectoral unions immediately intervened, demanded all works to stop and the imposition of all required safety measures. The unions attended their injured colleague and at the same time called for strike to the Company, which attempted to bring the workers back to work. In continuation to the strike the Unions held a massive rally in the city of Patras demanding Health and safety measures in all workplaces. Photos https://flic.kr/s/aHsmX4PfML Video https://youtu.be/dkWV3IimwkQ The post New dangerous work accident in Patras. Immediate response with Strike by the Unions appeared first on Πανεργατικό Αγωνιστικό Μέτωπο (Π.Α.ΜΕ.).
Read full article on PAME Greece:
New dangerous work accident in Patras. Immediate response with Strike by the Unions