Statement by AKEL C.C. Spokesperson Stefanos Stefanou
The Ministry of Health isn’t providing answers about what is actually happening on the vaccinations issue and this raises even more concerns.
- Who decided the planning for the vaccinations, given that the accusations made by the Pancyprian Medical Association that the competent authority – which is the National Vaccination Committee – has neither met, nor approved decisions?
- Why isn’t the Ministry of Health providing any figures on the number of people who are being vaccinated? The lack of transparency raises even more questions.
- How does the Ministry of Health respond to the accusations about vaccinations being carried out outside the agreed procedures?
- What about the vaccination timeframes for the population, given that the EU and the relevant Health Commissioner have been severely criticized for the delays, shortages and handlings in relation to the ordering of the vaccines, the course of their production and distribution?
- In the face of these problems, has the government studied and prepared alternative plans so that vaccinations can proceed satisfactorily?
AKEL calls on the Ministry of Health to realize the seriousness of the situation, to inform citizens in a responsible and honest manner and to act decisively.
Source: Progressive Party of the Working People – AKEL – The Health Minister must provide answers on the vaccinations issue